Monday 1 December 2008

Complementary Studies Proposal

My Proposal is to teach myself saxophone. I will work my way through "Jazz Alto Sax" grade books for arpeggios and tunes starting from grade 1. My final goal is to play sax at an open mic night in town. I will be using pictures and sound recordings using garage band to document my progression.
My current level of ability is only being able to play basic notes and work out simple tunes by ear, as of yet I do not know any scales or arpeggios and I have a very limited ability at reading music.
I plan to post 3 blog’s a week documenting at least 3 hours of practising time with at least one sound recording of this. For the first month of practice I will be mainly learning how to read music, and play some basic scales and arpeggios. The Following months I will be learning the grade one tunes, scales and arpeggios. A more structured schedule will be implemented after I gauge my progression in the first month and realise my ability.

No comments:

Followers